A Violin by Léon Bernardel
Born in Paris, he was the son and pupil of Ernest Auguste. Studied for a year with Justin Derazey before joining his brother in the Gand and Bernadel frères firm. Founded his own establishment in 1899, working with his son, Léon Bernardel II.
Became a director of Couesnon and Co., musical exporters, in 1914. Maintained the excellent family tradition in new work, following Lupot styles, mostly on Stradivari models with strong red-coloured varnish.
Length of Back: 35.8 cm